Somerset Family Physical Therapy is proud to now offer extracorporeal pulse activation treatment, EPAT. We have EPAT trained Physical Therapists, on site to deliver treatment. EPAT is FDA approved and safe for use with most patients.
We understand that chronic pain can interfere with daily activities. EPAT has been shown, through neovascularization, to accelerate healing of tendinous and ligamentous structures. This is accomplished through micro-ruptures in the connective tissue caused by shockwaves that increase local growth factors.
Most patients require 3-5 treatments for the full benefit however; many feel a vast improvement after one session. A treatment session typically lasts 15-30 minutes, depending on the condition being treated.
What conditions can be treated with EPAT?
- Plantar fasciitis
- Achilles tendinitis
- Turf toe
- Shin splints
- Tennis/ Golfer’s elbow
- Shoulder pain
- Back pain
EPAT can treat many other conditions besides those listed above. Please call our office at 732-356-5363 to discuss your particular condition.
Included below are some useful benefits of EPAT.
- No weight bearing changes
- No incisions, no infections, and no scars
- Successful outcomes- pain reduction and restored function
- Reduced costs from loss of work
- Does not require anesthesia
- Cost effective
- Some patient may complain of minor discomfort following treatment
- Minor bruising or skin irritation may temporarily occur
- Deep Vein Thrombosis